Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Tree update

Ok, so the "tree" has now flowered, (not a weeping fig). It had twice as many group clusters a few days ago but the wind has blown them away. The clusters also had twice as many flowers also. It realy looked good. I'm sad I didn't get pictures before the wind claimed most of the flowers. If anyone knows what this tree is called and what family it is in please let us know with a comment at the bottom.

We moved it from the greenhouse to the front porch where it gets morning sun. Liked that a lot I guess.

On another note, our neibhbor asked us why we didn't grow figs. He said the Oklahoma climate was good for figs. I may try one or two trees to see how well they will do. He says to start them in a bucket from seed then transplant to the yard when they outgrow the buckets. I will have to do some research to see best time to start the seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment