Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Tree


When last in Houston I had recovered a discarded pot with a ?tree? growing in it in the woods. It was all tangled in with the forest things, vines – bushes – other saplings – weeds – etc. After the rescue much of it was cut off in order to get it out. Root bound as well. To get it in the van to bring it home I had to crop it even more so all that was left was 4 twigs sticking up with a about a dozen leaves shared among them.  At home I repotted it with fresh soil and dressed it up a bit, fed and watered it and waited to see what would happen. As you see in the above picture it came out in great shape and is on it’s way to becoming a fabulous weeping fig. At least that is what it looks like to me. If anyone knows what it is please comment, I would like to know.

I have also loaded pictures of some of our other plants that are doing quite well now though when we put them out for Memorial day they were pretty ragged due to the wind. We were very unhappy they did not look well for Memorial day after all the work. Look at them now!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment