Monday, May 21, 2012

EAT VEGIES





Well, I'm am now on insulin. Great trepidation as waited for days for my appointment with the nurse to show me all about pokin myself. The day finally arrived. I have to say the worst part of the whole ordeal was after she had explained everything and actually handed ME the needle and was waiting for me to poke and inject. That few seconds, seemed like minutes, was very unsettling. Then ... I poked ... and injected ... Hey, didn't even feel a thing. What was all the hullabaloo about anyway. It was just as everyone kept telling me ... no big deal ... won't feel a thing ... its easy ... and on and on. I'm am not looking forward, however, to remembering all the do's and don'ts about storage and moving the spot around and taking it with me on trips and keeping it from extreme temperature variations and all that goes along with it.

I have to say, however, that if any of you are looking at high blood sugar and are unable to get the numbers down, don't fret over the needle. Taking insulin to maintain a healthy body is not a bad thing. Of course it is better to maintain a healthy body without it so follow a good diet, get exercise, and do your checkups then ADPIE which means Assess, Diagnose, Plan, Implement, Evaluate.

Assess your health, take the test, check weight, blood pressure, all the vitals, head to foot inspection, etc.

Diagnose your situation, determine why the data you have collected about yourself is not where it should be.

Next, Plan what you are going to do about it. Develop a plan to follow that will get the numbers or data back into the parameters you want them to be.

Implement your plan. Start following it. Set up a regimen that will enable you to keep on track with your plan.

Finally, Evaluate how your body or health is changing as a result of the plan you are following. Make any necessary changes to your plan, implement  and continue to evaluate your progress.



Everyone likes PIE so remember to always ADPIE to your daily routine.

May God bless you and keep you.

Thanks for the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment