Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day


A very special day today, Mother's Day. Today, at church, the Bishop told all us guys we needed to do all the meals today so the mothers could enjoy their day. Now I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not sure my spouse would enjoy eating what I cook, sooo ... I fed her left-overs from the fridge (at her request). To make the day a little more special than normal anything she requested was delivered immediately without any delay or comment other than "may I get you anything else?" All done with a smile and a show of love for the opportunity to serve. After all she serve the family 363 days a year. She has received calls from all her children and has even "Skyped".

I think about my mother and grandmother who has passed many years ago and wish I had shown them more love and devotion than I had. The sacrifices they made for me and all their children and grandchildren leaves a debt that we cannot pay only to remember them and love them and make sure that their posterity knows who they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment